The school believes that the wearing of school uniform promotes a positive attitude, a sense of community and belonging to the school and a suitable image in the eyes of the wider community. We place great emphasis on improving on our best and that combines with looking our best. We want pupils to be proud of wearing school uniform.
School uniform at Chisenhale, which should ALL be named, consists of:
- White shirt/white or navy polo shirt
- Navy or black trousers or skirt or a blue chequered summer dress
- Chisenhale School jumper or a plain navy jumper
- Sensible school shoes or trainers
Items can be bought from local supermarkets as well as our own supplier, Khalsa, at 388-390 Bethnal Green Road. Contact details 0207 729 3286.
You can now order the Chisenhale uniform through myclothing.com as well, please click here for their website. We also have some uniform in various sizes available to buy from the office. If we do not have the sizes you need we can order them for you. Please note that items may take up to 14 days to arrive from the day we place the order.
Alternatively you could go to the website listed below:
CHECK IT OUT! Get kitted out for summer with the most sustainable uniform choice—second hand! We have summer dresses, cardigans, shorts, sweatshirts, leggings and much more from high street brands like John Lewis, M&S , George & Tu, some even new with tags. All proceeds go straight to the PTA. Any items are available for free, just contact Ruth on firstname.lastname@example.org. www.uniformis.online/chisenhale
Due to health and safety reasons, jewellery should not be worn in school. However, there are two exceptions:
- small stud earrings, for newly pierced ears, which must be covered up during PE/games sessions
- jewellery may be worn in exceptional circumstances where items have religious or cultural significance or for medical reasons. Parents must discuss this with the headteacher as an individual case.
Children must have a change of clothing in school for PE/games lessons, which should all be named and kept in a separate bag. The school kit consists of:
- White T-shirt
- Navy or black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Plimsolls or trainers
PE lessons occur on a regular basis, and we advise parents to ensure their children bring kits in at the beginning of the week and take them home at the weekend/holidays for washing.
If a child forgets their PE kit, the school will provide them with a spare PE kit so they are still able to take part in the lesson.
SWIMMING: KS2 will take part in swimming lessons during the summer term Please ensure your child is provided with:
- tight fitting swimming costume/trunks (no baggy shorts)
- swimming hat
The swimming uniform is set by the Olympic Park swimming pool and they WILL NOT allow children to swim if they do not have the correct kit.